Sunday, 16 August 2015

Bookshelf Tag




So, I wasn't tagged but I just like to answer questions haha!

1. Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know that it'll make you cry? I don't necessarily believe I'm going to cry at any book until I reach a part and realise that the page is soaked with tears! The last time this happened was with Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens. It was beautiful, and I'm in love with Bodee.



2. Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I am used to reading contemporary young adult fiction, but this book made me want to read more fantasy novels. It was truly fantastic!

3. Find a book that you want to reread. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I studied this book for English Literature at GCSE and, obviously, at the time I hated it. But I've really come to love it and with Go Set a Watchman being released recently, I really want to reread it before getting into the new book.

4. Is there a book series you read but wish that you hadn't? Honestly, I've not read many book series so I can't say that I have - yet.

5. If your house was burning down and all of your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back inside to save? Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland. I feel like this book has had a major influence on the person I am, as well as the perspective I have on life. It's just something I want to cherish for a long time and I know I will never get bored of reading it.

6. Is there one book on your bookshelf that brings back fond memories? I think it would have to be The Fault in our Stars by John Green. My family very rarely, if ever, reads books. But I managed to get my sister and mum to read this book. I loved that they were sharing a story with me, especially one that I really liked. Then, when the book was announced as becoming a movie, it was something we were all looking forward to seeing together. :)

7. Find a book that has inspired you the most. I'm finding it hard to choose just one. But an obvious one for me is Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig. I related a lot to the writing in this book, and the action steps helped inspire me to basically get to grips with things and work hard to get better and further in life.

8. Do you have any autographed books? Sadly, no. It's difficult for me to get my books autographed by authors as I live in Northern Ireland and no one ever comes here haha! If you're an author and reading this, get your butt over here! Haha

9. Find the book that you have owned the longest. A lot of the books I owned as a child/teen are no longer in my possession :( I wish they were, but I've only started to completely fill my bookshelf over the last year. So, back to the question, the book I've owned the longest is Is It Just Me? by Miranda Hart.

10. Is there a book by an author that you never imagined you would read or enjoy? Paper Towns by John Green. I thought that after TFIOS, John Green's books would be very overrated, but I was very much mistaken. This book turned out to be my favourite of all of his books!

I hope you enjoyed reading this tag. I would like to tag AmeliaTracy and Hannah :)

Love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment